posted on March 16, 2021 09:57
This exhibition is to be held at The Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Lane, Dennis, Ma. The dates of the exhibit will be December 16,2021 through March 13, 2022.
This show will honor the diversity of the work of the Cape Cod Potters and be the beginning of a year long celebration of the Museum's 40 years of existence.
Harry Holl, one of the founders of the Museum, was also instrumental in founding the Cape Cod Potters or the Cape Cod Cooperative as it was initially named. Our organization is now incorporated and non profit. This exhibition will be juried by a yet to be named juror. There will be no theme, but rather it will be a showcase for the best work of the individual potters.
The number of pieces selected will be dependent on the size of our membership as of September 2021.
2021 membership is free but we do still need you to fill out the membership form that is on our website www.capecodpotters.org. It is not possible to fill this out online, so please print out the membership form and send it in now.
More information about this exhibition will be forth coming in the coming months.
Benefits to our members :
- A bulk buying discount at Sheffield Pottery
- 10% discount on Castle Hill workshops
- 15% discount on ceramic workshops at Meeting House Clay Center
- High quality, affordable workshops to our members and non-members
- Participation in group exhibitions
- A listing of your pottery on our website
Benefits to the wider community:
- Soup Bowls for Hunger, an annual event hosted for the last 28 years by the Cape Cod Potters in collaboration with the Cape Cod Regional Technical High School, whose goal is to raise funds for the Family Pantry.
- Our annual pottery seconds sale which raises funds for grant money used to support numerous art institutions on Cape Cod providing them with equipment, instructors and enabling them to host their own ceramic workshops or programs.
What we seek from our membership and other interested groups to stay relevant:
- New members, current and former members to join or renew their membership. You do not need to be a professional potter, you just have to love clay.
- New leadership willing to hold offices with mentoring from current officers. If you have new ideas we would like to mentor you towards a leadership role this year.
- Ideas for our future direction and a willingness to make it happen. (Please see our membership form for space to describe your visions and suggestions.)
What we are offering in the interim
- Free membership for 2021-2022. If you were a member last year, please send in a renewal membership form.
- If you are a new member, welcome! Membership dues are usually $30 a year for individuals and $45 for group/family membership.
- The membership form is available below or can be found on our website Print it out, fill it out and return by mail.
Click here for Membership Form